All VIVID Grand Show performances cancelled up until and including 31 December More information
Safety at the Palast
The safety and well-being of guests and employees is a top priority for the Friedrichstadt-Palast. In the following, we inform about the safety precautions taken at our theatre.
- Fixed bollards prevent vehicle access to the main Palast entrance. The steps leading up to the main entrance provide further protection against uncontrolled access.
- Without a valid ticket, it is not possible to enter the foyer (and therefore also the theatre hall), as all entrances are manned and controlled by service staff (including during the performance and the interval).
- Cloakroom items and/or luggage may not be taken into the theatre hall. Please therefore give coats and jackets as well as backpacks, suitcases and any bags larger than 45*40*20 cm in size in at the cloakroom (free of charge).
- The Palast reserves the right to have the backpacks and bags of individual or all guests checked by trained service staff in guests’ presence.
- There are two security gates at the main entrance. All guests must pass through these – and re-enter through them again if they leave the building to smoke during the interval. These state-of-the-art security detectors can also safely be used by people with a pacemaker. If you have a pacemaker and are unsure about passing through our security detector, please show your pass and you will be admitted without having to pass through it. The security staff also have handheld devices to check bags and other places indicated by the security detector.
- Three safety officers trained in fire safety are present in the theatre hall during every performance.
- Before all shows, the foyer staff do a walk-through of the stalls and high stalls to check that no items have been left behind.
- Remaining alert is the best prevention. Should you notice anything suspicious, please do not hesitate to dial 110 for the emergency services. This is the best number to call. Based on the concrete information you provide, the operator will know what to do. Please then also inform our service staff, as necessary.
- Safety assessments of the conditions and processes are carried out regularly by an external safety technician. Evacuation plans are available for emergencies in which the Palast staff (of which 39 are trained first aiders) receive regular training.
How to act if a dangerous situation involving weapons arises?
Such situations are extremely rare in Europe. See the PDF below for our recommendations on how to act. Dangerous situation involving weapons
All safety precautions at the Palast in detailed form
A detailed version of the safety precautions at the Palast can be found in the following PDF.
Photos: Nady El-Tounsy